Join us throughout the month of December for a celebration of the holidays Old Town style!
Here is what is happening:
Every day in December:
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park will be decked out in historic holiday finery this year and will showcase gingerbread house displays throughout the park as well as choir performances, story-telling and campfires with hot chocolate and S’mores on select Saturdays and Sundays in the month of December.
Saturdays in December (Dec. 3, 10, 17):
- Christmas trees lit after dusk
- A bonfire with free s’mores, hot chocolate, readings and more singing
Choir Performances throughout December (3, 4, 10, 17, 18):
- Saturday, December 3, 4:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
- Sunday, December 4, 4:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
- Saturday, December 10, Children’s Choir 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 10, 5:15 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 17, 4:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
- Sunday, December 18, 4:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
Saturday, December 10:
- Annual Holiday in the Park Merchant Open House from noon to 9 p.m.
- Christmas tree lighting ceremony and Caroling.
- Crafts for children and special holiday treats will be in the museums, stores and restaurants during the day
- Evening bonfire and extended shopping hours until 9 p.m.
Sunday, December 11:
66th-annual Las Posadas event in Old Town. The Las Posadas procession is a walking reenactment of the biblical story of Mary and Joseph’s search for a birthplace for Jesus. Everyone is invited to join the candlelit procession, starting at 4:45 p.m., and sing traditional holiday songs in both Spanish and English as the players go from inn to inn, symbolically asking for lodging. The procession will include local actors playing the parts of Joseph and the innkeepers.
The procession culminates with a live nativity tableau in front of Casa de Estudillo along with a choir performance.